Slider

Zoella Beauty: Jelly and Gelato - A Very Positive Review

Wednesday 26 July 2017


Hey guys!


I hope you're all doing well! 

I've got something super exciting for you today so sit back, get a cuppa ready and enjoy.

Purchasing Jelly and Gelato 

I first tried to purchase the range last Sunday (23rd July) at Telford Superdrug (Telford is my neighbouring town, I live in Shrewsbury). After walking around for 5 minutes, slightly confused, I spoke to one of the girls on the shop floor. She said that although they had the products in stock, they weren't allowed to sell any of them yet. Oh. I was so eager to get my hands on this oh-so-instagramable beauty range (not to mention that it was a Zoella beauty range, a favourite youtuber of mine who has been for years) that I was actually too early. I ended up making an order online to collect at the Shrewsbury Superdrug, my more local store. I originally ordered the body mist, shower shake, cream body scrub and the bath frosting, but when I was in Superdrug collecting my things, I thought that I might as well buy the rest of the range. The only thing i didn't manage to buy was the beauty bag, I'll probably purchase this another time as it is exceptionally pretty, and I'm sure I'll put it to good use. So, I basically ended up with every single product, and after a few people requested that i write up a blog post, I got to taking some flat-lays and thinking of what I was going to say. And here it is!  



Gelat'eau Body Mist (£8)


This is probably my favourite thing in the whole range. The design on the packaging is bursting with colour. This made the best flat-lays. It's shiny, gold lid really complemented the pastel colours that lay lower down on the ceramic bottle. This feels expensive. The scent is another big talking point. It's easily my favourite range from Zoella Beauty purely for the scent. It's fragrance is that of elder flower and pomegranate, and this theme runs throughout the products, but somehow feels different for each one. The scent from the body mist is strong, a beautiful kind of strong. It isn't overpowering and definitely smells of summer walks and drinks with friends. Not only does it look good and smell good, but it's a perfect bag sized bottle. 


Shower Shake - Moisturising Body Wash (£6)


First of all - HOW CUTE! The details on this packaging show the thought process behind this entire range. The gold, playful font that's present across each of the products really stands out against the pastel pinks and oranges. I haven't tried this yet, but i did put a small blob on the end of my finger and I could instantly tell how gorgeous it's going to feel when I do use it. The pomegranate scent is ever so present, making it the kind of product you'll wanna use every day this summer. THE SMELL IS KILLING ME!

 

Shower Sauce - Body Wash (£5)


The name makes me chuckle. Shower Shake and then Shower Sauce. It makes me think of a big ice cream milkshake with drizzly strawberry sauce; and that's exactly what this body wash looks like - strawberry sauce. This smells so refreshing out of the bottle, so I can't wait to smell this in the shower. This really does give off summer vibes, but could definitely work all year round if you love the scent. 

 

Cream Scrub - Body Scrub (£8)


The first thing that attracts me to this cream scrub is the pale grey rimmed lid, and pink candy stripes around the tub. 


I was initially shocked when I opened this. I think I was expecting a white cream with pastel coloured beads (a little bit like the Body Cream in this range, I guess). However, when I dug my finger into the bright orange, gel like substance, I was again shocked. It felt good, so soft and gentle, but at the same time those little 'polishing sprinkles' really told a story of how they were destined to give me the most luxurious exfoliation. I'm a body/face scrub addict. My drawers are full to the brim of numerous scrubs from different brands and a range of prices, so I know a good scrub when I see one. And this has already become one of my favourites. 


Body Pudding - Body Cream (£8)


This certainly does look like pudding. At first I thought "hang on, when I rub this in, what do I do about all of the sprinkles? Do you use this in the shower??" NOPE. Once you massage this cream in, the sprinkles just.. disappear. Yes. They just melt away. I immediately called my boyfriend over to witness this magic. Once he'd tried it, and I'd tried it again, we were both in awe. This leaves your skin feeling very moisturised, very soft and very smelly. A good smelly, of course. And it's just a plus that it has magic pink sparkles in it!



Body Frosting - Bath Milk Powder (£7)

Again, this packing was exciting and had me intrigued. A soft pastel paper wrapped around a lilac tin/tub. The lid pops off to reveal four cute sachets of the bath milk powder.




  I was expecting there to be loose powder inside, but seeing the sachets I realised how much of a bad idea loose powder could have been. This is a good way to avoid wasting the product. And to make this even easier, at the bottom of the tub was a little sticker hat reads "re-seal me"

Pink Bath Wafers - Moisturising Bath Fizzer (£5)


The packaging reminds you of little ice cream wafers, the paper surrounding the product is embossed with a waffle pattern, and the peachy colours make you feel bad for tearing open the packaging (saying that, I managed to get into the packaging without damaging it!). 


If the pastel pink coloring of the wafers wasn't enough, they're also embossed with little Z's. The plastic wrapping is accompanied by a sweet but informative "Do Not Eat!" sticker, which definitely needs to be said, cause the fruity smell that these wafers give off is enough to make your mouth water. They even smell fizzy. My senses are tingling. Zoe, you have outdone yourself. 



My Overall Thoughts (£0)

I couldn't be more proud of Zoe. The whole range shows off the hard work, thoughtfulness and love that's gone into designing these more than amazing products. I definitely won't be able to get enough of this range. From the refreshing smells of the body spray, to the creamy texture of the body pudding. I don't usually get involved in beauty hypes, but this is different. It's not like a beauty hype at all, in fact, it isn't your usual beauty range full stop. The elder flower and pomegranate scent is so unique and you will not get bored of it!



The range is available at Superdrug (in store and online) and over at FeelUnique.

You can watch Zoe talk about her new range here! It's also a great vlog, containing the cutest product launch you've ever seen. 

So, let me know what you all think of the new Zoella Beauty range, and I'll speak to you all soon!

Bye 😙












17 comments:

  1. This was such an amazing post! I loved reading your opinion on each and every one of the products. I am really intrigued by the body scrub and the body mist! I love the design of the entire collection, and the way you describe them makes me want them even more! I can't wait til they hit the stores in the US! Thanks so much for giving me such an unbiased opinion on the products. I'm going to subscribe to you on bloglovin' xxx

    Melina | www.ivefoundwaldo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow thank you so much! and thank you for taking the time to read my post and write such a lovely comment! It's really made my day! 💖💖

      Delete
  2. It's been a while since I've bought anything from the zoella beauty range and the look of the shower shake is very much tempting me! Like you I love the font and colours of the range:-)
    Sarah x
    www.saraheliza.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! this is the first i've bought from zoella in a while. I used the shower shake yesterday and it was so creamy!x

      Delete
  3. I recently brought the collection too but I don't think that I love the scent that much, the products themselves are great but I don't like scent of the mist at all x

    Kayleigh Zara 🌿www.kayleighzaraa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww really? it's such a shame when products are lovely but you dislike a scent. Hopefully she'll come up with a different range soon enough with the same great quality x

      Delete
  4. What a great post - I want to go and try everything from the range too now ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should! it's so worth it, and it isn't that expensive. x

      Delete
  5. This is such an informative post - thank you for sharing it! I have never tried anything from Zoella's ranges, but I've always wanted to. I think you might have convinced me to try some!

    Ashley | hiyaitsashley.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww i'm glad you liked it! you definitely should try some, i've been loving using the shower sauce the most x

      Delete
  6. I have never tried anything from Zoellas range before but all of these products sound amazing! Will have to try them soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you definitely should! they smell so tasty!😂x

      Delete
  7. Lovely review, the products are so nicely packaged. Your photos are also amazing - everythingmissguided.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you! i'm so glad you think my photo's are okay x

      Delete
  8. Ooh I want to try these out so bad! They look so cute and all - I just can't😍

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zoella's products are fab! They're soooooo pretty and photogenic aren't they!? xx

    http://www.grabyourcamera.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan